It was so interesting to see this three dimensional model emerge from the two dimensional sections and compare the result with the shape of the original plasticine island. I don’t think that it would have been impossible to pick it out from the rest of the class’ as corresponding to my plasticine island, but the form certainly has mutated. It is a wonderful demonstration of how limiting the information can communicate a very different kind of figure. I found working with the corrugated cardboard quite difficult at first but after using it for the greater part of a day (I didn’t expect it to take so long!) I got the hang of it, varying the incisions and changing my blade often. It was also quite difficult figuring out how slot each slice together, but I was so impressed with how strong this structure was once assembled, considering how little material was used.