For the most part I found this task satisfying in that the requirements were fairly straightforward and limiting, so that there was less pressure to be creative whilst still producing an end result that looked good in its precision. I like that the diagrammatic look combined with the brown paper gives it an aura reminiscent of da Vinci’s drawings. The paper took the ink nicely, giving a rich line without bleeding – which was essential to the drawing remaining precise. Unfortunately a slow leak in the ceiling above my desk at home wrinkled the paper (though thankfully did not affect the ink), and this combined with the size of the paper made it difficult to photograph with an even light. I was also unable to get quite the detail to show clearly the contour numbering. I will try to rectify this by scanning it instead. I have not only learnt from this exercise how to create sections from a contour plan, but it has also helped me to get my head around scale, which I found very confusing to begin with.